Studies in History of Polish State and Law is a specialist periodical gathering historians who focus their studies on the process of shaping of the state and law in the Polish territories. The published articles address the topics of the historic and legal background of the Polish society.
The annual is published continually online.
The original version is the electronic version.
Studies in History of Polish State and Law has been placed on the list of scientific journals of the Ministry of Education and Science.
Number of points: 40
Assigned scientific disciplines: history; political and administrative sciences; legal sciences; sociological sciences.
The journal Studies in History of Polish State and Law passed the evaluation process of ICI Journals Master List 2017, which resulted in the ICV index (Index Copernicus Value) of 67,79 points.
The journal is published annually.
The journal is indexed in the following databases:
– eRIKA, the Andrzej Frycz Modrzewski Krakow University’s Repository
– PBN. Polish Scholarly Bibliography
– Index Copernicus
– CEJSH. The Central European Journal of Social Sciences
– CEEOL. Central and Eastern European Online Library
– CEON. Biblioteka Nauki
The journal uses the antiplagiarism system Plagiat.pl
Karolina Adamová, University of West Bohemia in Pilsen (Západočeská univerzita v Plzni)
Alfredas Bumblauskas, Vilnius University (Vilniaus universitetas), email@example.com
Robert Jastrzębski, University of Warsaw, ORCID: 0000-0002-7265-0614, firstname.lastname@example.org
Piotr Kitowski, University of Gdańsk, ORCID: 0000-0002-0581-9424, email@example.com
Jevgenij Machovenko, Vilnius University (Vilniaus universitetas), ORCID: 0000-0003-2930-3526, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tadeusz Maciejewski, University of Gdańsk, ORCID: 0000-0003-0103-9954, email@example.com
Jerzy Malec, Andrzej Frycz Modrzewski Krakow University, ORCID: 0000-0001-5137-1977, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jacek Matuszewski, University of Łódź, ORCID: 0000-0002-2825-055X, email@example.com
Wacław Uruszczak, University of Applied Sciences in Tarnow, emerytowany prof. UJ, ORCID: 0000-0002-3937-1672, firstname.lastname@example.org
Damir Walejew, Kazan Federal University (Казанский федеральный университет), ORCID: 0000-0002-3233-2400, email@example.com
Wojciech Witkowski, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University, ORCID: 0000-0002-8188-8616, firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrij Zajac, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv (Львівський національний університет імені Івана Франка), ORCID: 0000-0001-8744-9852, email@example.com
Andrzej Zakrzewski, University of Warsaw, ORCID: 0000-0001-8611-4540, firstname.lastname@example.org
Editorial Board Secretary:
List of reviewers collaborating with the Editorial Board of the „Studies in History of Polish State and Law”:
prof. dr hab. Kazimierz Baran; dr hab. Piotr Boroń; prof. dr hab. Marek Cetwiński; prof. dr hab. Andrzej Dziadzio; dr hab. Artur Górak; dr hab. Anna Kargol, prof. KA; dr hab. Grzegorz M. Kowalski; prof. dr hab. Oleksiy Kresin (Ukraina); prof. dr hab. Tomasz Kruszewski; dr hab. Marek Krzymkowski, prof. UAM; dr hab. Marcin Kwiecień; dr hab. Izabela Lewandowska-Malec, prof. UJ; prof. dr hab. Andriej Łusznikow (Rosja); prof. dr hab. Dorota Malec; prof. dr hab. Marian Mikołajczyk; dr hab. Maciej Mikuła; dr hab. Zbigniew Naworski, prof. UMK; prof. dr hab. Vytautas Nekrošius (Litwa); dr hab. Piotr Pomianowski; dr hab. Jarosław Reszczyński; dr hab. Grzegorz Smyk, prof. UMCS; dr hab. Wojciech Szafrański; dr Jarosław Turłukowski; dr hab. Piotr Ugniewski; prof. dr hab. Wacław Uruszczak; dr hab. Paweł Wolnicki, prof. UJD; dr hab. Andrzej Wrzyszcz, prof. UMCS; prof. dr hab. Andrzej Zakrzewski; dr hab. Zdzisław Zarzycki
The journal is indexed by EBSCO
OUR CODE OF CONDUCT AND BEST PRACTICE GUIDELINES
The Andrzej Frycz Modrzewski Krakow University Press observes the principles and guidelines that have been developed by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) in the Codes of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE EDITOR
The Editor shall
- make sure that the publishing ethics is duly observed and shall take all the available and appropriate measures to prevent plagiarism, abuse and other unfair practices, including ghostwriting and/or guest authorship;
- decide which papers will be published, based on the opinions expressed by the editorial board, and the relevant reviews provided by external reviewers who have been duly appointed for this purpose (for more information, go to the Information for Authors tab);
- evaluate the materials submitted for publication in accordance with an agreed and transparent procedure;
- upon taking a decision to publish, consider exclusively the original nature of the submitted material, its overall academic value, and its significance for the development of research in Poland and worldwide; no commercial aspects or fees paid for publication shall have an impact on this decision;
- refrain from disclosing any information to third parties concerning the materials submitted for publication;
- have the right to withdraw a given publication after it has been published if there is evidence to prove a possible lack of reliability or falsification of research data, plagiarism, or a breach of the editorial ethics, as well as where major methodological flaws have been made.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE AUTHOR
The Author shall
- familiarise him/herself with the principles of publishing ethics that have been set by the Editor, as well as the procedure applied for qualifying materials submitted for publication, the principles of cooperation of the Editor and the Author, and any other technical guidelines provided;
- have the right to submit for publication only his/her individual and original texts. All borrowings, quotes/citations, tables and comments/notes used in the text should be followed by a relevant reference/footnote;
- provide a reliable and accurate description of the studies conducted, and an impartial interpretation of the research findings obtained;
- provide detailed information about the contribution of individual authors where a material that has been submitted for publication has multiple authors;
- enclose a relevant bibliography that includes all the publications that have been used throughout the preparation of the material;
- in the event that major flaws and/or discrepancies are revealed in his/her text, without undue delay notify the Editor of this fact in order to allow for corrections of these mistakes at the editing stage.
DUTIES AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE SCIENCE EDITOR OF A JOINT STUDY
The Science Editor shall
- decide which materials will be published in the joint study that has been proposed by him/her;
- bear responsibility for observing the principles of publishing ethics and the overall academic value of the publishing house;
- in the event of suspected plagiarism or falsification of research data by any of the Authors, take necessary decisions to withdraw the text from the joint study and notify the Editor thereof;
- make certain that the persons who have contributed to the creation of a joint study have accepted and acknowledged its form, once the editing process conducted by the Editor has been completed.
DUTIES AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE REVIEWER
The Reviewer shall
- carry out an impartial assessment of the material submitted for publishing;
- if need be, point to the relevant books or papers connected to the subject matter of the text that have not been quoted or referred to by the author;
- report to the Editor any and all major similarities of the reviewed text with other works;
- not be allowed to use and enjoy the reviewed text for the purposes related to his/her individual benefits; s/he shall not assess the text in the event of a possible conflict of interest with the author either;
- submit his/her review within the agreed deadline, adding a statement that there is no conflict of interest with the author;
- evaluate the materials submitted for publishing in line with an established and transparent procedure.